1. Tell us about your mission.
Problem statement: Issues of poverty persist and it’s hard for those affected to resolve them alone.
Mission statement: Outreach International is a global nonprofit that supports local leaders and community-led groups who develop lasting solutions to poverty-related issues.
Vision statement: We envision a world where communities are working together to overcome the challenges of chronic poverty.
2. How is The West Foundation supporting your mission?
One of the things that all of us at Outreach International deeply appreciate about The West Foundation is its desire to magnify results by helping organizations improve their systems. Their value comes not by an offer to cover reasonable overhead or fund a specific field project, but rather, by asking “how could you be more effective?”
3. Considering your impactful work to eliminate poverty, how is The West Foundation’s philanthropic support providing you with sustainability and mobility?
Helping an organization improve its technology, processes, and systems to become more effective or efficient is a defining characteristic of constantly improving in one’s sustainability and mobility. Outreach International provides one piece of evidence – with appropriate investments, we’ve lowered our overhead, improved our feedback loops, and built resilience in our headquarters and international communities. The West Foundation has been a partner in this process.
4. How are you realizing your potential?
We’re still on that journey, but our potential is realized in the company of others working toward similar worthwhile goals.
5. What’s one important thing you want others to know about your organization?
We’re one of the highest-rated international charities in the world – and we try to earn that honor every day.
6. How can people reading this help you?
Investigate our work via external evaluators, financials, Annual Reports, and social media. If empowering people to discover their own pathways out of extreme poverty – and then help their neighbors do the same – speaks to you, then partner with us in this great work.
7. What are your deepest needs as an organization?
To no longer have the need to exist.